Monday 11 February 2013

Donna Karan Fall 2013

I am so thrilled the Fall collections have kicked off today in New York! The first collection I had to review was that of one of my most favorite designers, the irreverent Donna Karan. Her brilliant silhouettes, drapery and color stories are always so inspiring and feminine.

Her collection for this fall is a sweeping orchestra of browns, charcoal grays and seductive blacks. The most powerful looks for me were the amazing draped dresses; the juxtaposition of sheer inserts, body hugging jersey drapery and the loose fluidity of the attached capes are at once wondrously lyrical, sexy and ultra-feminine. These pieces evoke to me an image of a mirage; a vision of a seductive woman traipsing through a torrid, dusty terrain, her cascading cape undulating against the wind. 

Now I want to sew capes into all of my clothes.

photos from style.com










No comments:

Post a Comment